Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gusto!

 So Jennifer and I had another wonderful day on Wednesday! We went to Gusto Pizza after I got out of class and man was it delicious. Probably the best pizza I’ve had here, and it’s cheap! We both ordered our own pizzas (at gusto, you have to order your own, its just that good) and came across a little treat when we picked up our orders. The chef who made our pizzas had shaped them into hearts :) I love gusto!
  After that, we headed over to the Piazza Pitti where the Bobali Gardens are located. The Boboli Gardens were laid out for Eleonora di Toledo, the wife of Cosimo I de' Medici. The Medici family was responsible for the majority of Florentine art during their reign and one of the reasons Florence still houses some of the most remarkable pieces of art to come out of the Renaissance. Because it was such a warm day, we found some shady spots and laid down to relax. To our surprise, the Bobali gardens also house many beautiful statues and pieces of art by upcoming artists which was fun to explore. When we got to the top of the gardens, we got yet another beautiful view of all of Florence. Its so peaceful and quiet there that I will be definitely returning with a nice book in the near future. After we relaxed there for a while, we went home, made some yummy dinner, and then went out with friends! Definitely a fun night :) Jenn left Thursday morning for Rome and Capri but will be back Monday morning for one more day with me! Can’t wait until she is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment