| Top of the Duomo! |
I will never love any other city in Europe like I have loved Florence because it was my home for the past 4 months and I have truly had the time of my life here. When I read my journal from August 27th, the day I arrived in this beautiful city, I really didn’t know what to expect. Looking back on that day, I can say full-heartedly that my trip here has exceeded any expectations or notions I had before I arrived. It feels so wonderful to say that…to think back on everything I have seen and done these past 4 months and feel great love and happiness. I must admit I have cried a few times here or there (ok, maybe a lot) over the past week. And as depressing as that sounds, I embrace it because I know that I am crying because of how overwhelmingly happy I have been here! I truly couldn’t have asked for a better experience here. I gained a new family of 15 students and friends in my Italian class as well as many other very good friends in my program! I was a part of an amazing program and had an angel of a teacher, Cinzia, who kept her patience when we were being deviant students!I finally unlocked a curiosity in myself that has been budding since I was young, and with the opportunities I was given here, I have nurtured that curiosity to the fullest! I have learned so many things about the world… of history and of the Italians. I have learned a language that was relatively foreign to me four months ago and I have learned it to the best of my ability. I have built friendships with some of the most incredible people I know and feel so blessed to have them in my life now! Everything has been beyond amazing!
| Ponte Vecchio! |
Wow. That’s all I can say. Here’s to the many incredible memories I will forever remember about my time abroad and to the opportunities I was given that have changed my life! I am so thankful for having had a chance to live in such a beautiful city and I will forever be grateful for my family and friends who encouraged me to fulfill my dream of studying abroad. Special thanks to my wonderful mom and dad for being so supportive of my travel and truly giving me the world! Words cannot describe the incredible experience I have had year, nor will anything every top it. There is nothing like calling a city like Florence your home, and although I wont be able to say that again once I leave, it will always be my home at heart.
As for the next couple days, I’m going take a break from blogging (I will finish it all soon I promise!) and fully absorb my last couple days in Italy! Off to Rome for the weekend! Ciao tutti! See you all in California on Monday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment